Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fun times

This was a very full week! We only had three days of class because of American Thanksgiving. Our speaker Dan Baumann was amazing and had so many crazy incredible stories – I learned so much from him! The depth and intimacy of his relationship with Jesus is so evident in the way that he lives his life! So inspiring!

The rest of my week has involved lots of fun times with my team and my whole DTS so I wanted to share that with you and show you some pictures!

On Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving! We had a big yummy dinner and then later went over to one of our DTS staff Sean’s house for dessert and an outdoor movie. We were planning on watching the movie Elf…so me and my roomies decided to dress up as elves! We even had special elf names on our hats (check out this website to find our what YOUR elf name is: http://www.jokesunlimited.com/christmas_elf_name.php)!

Me and my roomies waiting in the long line for our Thanksgiving dinner

Roomies dressed up as elves!

Hawaiian sunset on Thanksgiving

On Friday my Thailand team went to another part of the island for the night! We stayed in a cabin at a retreat centre. It was so nice and homey! We spent lots of time relaxing and just getting to know each other better. There was lots of laughing – we have a fun team! We danced together, ate lots of food, shared embarrassing stories, and celebrated Catherine's birthday!

Thailand team!

Team dance party - we will definitely be having more of these!

On Saturday, our team went to Pololu Valley. We hiked down to the beach and played around for a while. It is SO beautiful there! It was definitely worth the hike...

Pololu Valley - the view before we hiked to the beach down there

Me and Marissa

Our team at Pololu Valley

I feel so blessed to be a part of this amazing team - we have so much fun together! I leave for Thailand in 2 weeks and I can't wait to spend 3 months there with these incredible women.

Prayer requests:
- This week is the celebration of the 50th anniversary of YWAM - pray that everything will go smoothly. It's gonna be a big celebration of God's faithfulness with lots of people coming from all over the world!
- That our team's visas would come and that all of the other preparations for our trip would come together.
- For all of the finances to come in for everyone in my DTS!
- For continued growth in my relationship with Jesus - that I would be open to receiving all that He has for me and that I would be willing to step into whatever He calls me to in each day.

Thank you!!!


1 comment:

  1. Katie... you are AMAZING!! It's awesome to see how you're growing, and what a great team you have. I can't wait to keep reading and hear all about your Thailand adventures soon :) I love you! Best sister EVER!

    ReplyDelete