Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am with you

We had our last lecture on Friday morning - it's time to go to Thailand! The last thing that our speaker left us with was God's promise that He is with us. This is a promise that God repeats to His people throughout the Bible, and this truth is something that God constantly speaks to me.

For me, these words are very comforting and reassuring. I can rest in the truth that I am not alone, that I have a constant friend, that I am loved and cared for, that God is never going to leave me.

But these words are more than just a comfort. They are powerful. I am empowered by the reality that God is with me. I am reminded that I am not doing this on my own, but that the Holy Spirit is working in and through me to bring real and lasting transformation. The impossible becomes possible. Sick people receive healing. Darkness is overcome by light. Slaves are set free. Mourning is turned into dancing. The lost are brought home. God's Kingdom comes on earth as His people embrace the truth that He is with them always.

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)

God is with you! Celebrate Emmanuel this Christmas season - God with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment